Harold Roth of Anderson Indiana Arrested for Felony Child Exploitation

Harold Roth-Anderson-Indiana-Madison County

An Anderson man was accused of felony child exploitation involving a 7-year-old child.

Madison County deputies arrested Harold Jay Roth Sr., 61, of the 2700 block of West 18th Street, Friday on suspicion of Level 5 felony child exploitation. He has been released from jail after posting $10,000 bond.

According to Anderson police, the case is still under investigation, but Roth has allegedly admitted to taking nude pictures of a 7-year-old boy with a Nintendo DS. Several nude photos were discovered on the handheld gaming system including those of a child in a bathroom, according to a probable cause.

Officers allege Roth took the pictures, “with the intent to satisfy or arouse the sexual desires of any person.”

In 1997, Roth was charged with three Class A felony charges of child molesting and a Class B felony charge of criminal deviate conduct with force in Steuben County. According to court records, the criminal deviate conduct charge was barred by a time limitation and dismissed.

A date for a jury trial was set, but the state later filed a motion to dismiss all charges against Roth.

News Source

9 Responses to “Harold Roth of Anderson Indiana Arrested for Felony Child Exploitation”

Read below or add a comment...

1. deanna roth says:

Thank you..I am the grandmother of the child this monster attacked.Trial is on July 30.May he rot in hell.Trust me I will make sure justice will be served.

2. MugWatcher says:

I am so sorry for what you are going through. I know exactly what it’s like. Hang in there! Know that it can, and probably will take up to a couple of years – depending on how much money he has to sink into lawyers who can play the justice system. It took us just over 2 years to get there – but the 70 years he go was worth the wait. Hopefully your family doesn’t have to endure the stresses that long. Please do keep us posted on the progress and let us know if we can be of help at all.

• deanna roth says:

Thank you so much.This legal system needs to change to protect our babies and not the monsters.I pray it wont take that long but if it does it will be worth it.Devin is just a little over a year into his remisson from cancer and so much more.Hes a toughy.I will get him put away.Sometimes though street justice may be better.Take care and thank you again.

• deanna roth says:

I have had my grandson since birth hes my superhero.It is just myself and him and I pray that he will be able to make it through the trial seeing that person face to face.Keep prayers and thoughts going for my guy please..Thank you all

• MugWatcher says:

My stepdaughter does an amazing job working with kids who have been through similar trauma as her. If you EVER think your grandson can benefit from meeting her, she’s young, pretty and such a kind, gentle spirit. I know she’d love to help. Please keep us in mind. We are all about being “The Village” – God bless you and your journey. We are fairly local to Anderson – so it wouldn’t be a problem at all.

3. Debi says:

He is a real piece of work! He deserves to be burried alive in the hot desert!! I am the one who tried to turn him in in 1997. He has no money to sink anywhere. He is a waste of skin and if I were to ever see him face to face, he wouldn’t have a face left!! If he doesn’t get put away, or get lucky by just dying, he’ll only do it again or worse!
    Deanna, I am so sorry for your grandson! I happen to agree with you on “street justice”!

• deanna roth says:

I so remember Deb.In my last breath he will go down on July 30.one way or the other.Final divorce is aug 5 hopefully he will be in jail.Give my love to all and all the new grandbabies.Thank you nd Yake care.If. you want im on facebook Deanna Stahl..He will pay for all the children hes hurt.Trust me.

• deanna roth says:

Im so sorry Deb i did not listen to Lin yrs ago.Im sorry you all went through this.Please give my love to Lin Har Ang and Pa.Let them knw we will get justice for all the hurt and pain this fungus has caused.We will get him dear..Take care and God Bless again.

4. debi novak says:

Well… it ended the way it was supposed to!!! I hope he was so upset with himself for all the things he did to children all over the place, myself included, that he just decided that the world was better off without him! I was told that he hung himself the day before yesterday!!! I’ve never been happier. It was the best Christmas present!!!

Happy Holidays to you!!!